Thursday 10 January 2013

Senior Photographers

Source(google.com.pk)
Senior Photographers Biography

Since I seemed to get asked about this by many of the couples with whom I meet about wedding photography, here is the (greatly abbreviated) story of how I got started as a wedding photographer. Try not to fall asleep while reading!I have been an avid photographer since I discovered photography while in college. I began photographing weddings after a friend who had seen samples of my work asked if I would take the photos of her upcoming wedding. The conversation went something like this -
Me - "You do realize that I've never taken wedding pictures before, right?"Bride - "That's alright. You do realize that I can't afford to pay you, right?"Me - "Will this count as my wedding present?"Bride - "Only if you do a good job. And if you don't, you have to deal with my mother!"
Under the circumstances, how could I say no? Somewhat to my surprise, I loved the experience! The bride was very happy with her pictures, and I was referred to a friend for her wedding. More referrals followed, and within a couple of years I was booked for at least one wedding almost every summer weekend, and even was picking up off-season bookings. At this point I decided to get serious about photography, because taking pictures at weddings was a lot more fun than working! Since then, I have photographed weddings at locations all over the country - including Vermont, Massachusetts, Detroit, and San Francisco - and well over 1000 weddings in the Pacific Northwest. And the rest, as they say, is history.Filming a wedding is serious business, but also needs to be serious fun! Everyone has heard nightmare stories of the "Photographer from Hell" who turned the formal photos into an endurance contest, or never let the bride and groom have a free minute to enjoy their own reception. That isn't me!! I have found that clients prefer spontaneous, authentic photos that reflect the emotion of the moment. My job is not only to take great pictures of your wedding day, but to do so in a way that helps to maximize your enjoyment of your day. I work hard to make those important formal photos a FUN experience, not just a "necessary evil" photo session! And when it comes to candid photos, I like to stalk unobtrusively in the background, constantly watching for those pictures that will best capture the spirit and the joy of your special day. I want to treat every couple as friends who have done me the honor of allowing me to record their wedding day for them. As a friend I remind you to breathe, relax and (most of all) have fun!I have been photographing weddings for over 20 years. In that time I have shot hundreds of weddings, under a huge variety of situations. I feel that my job is not just to take pictures, but to do whatever I can to lower the stress level so you can simply enjoy your day. My goal is to not only take the best photos that I am capable of, but to do so in such a way that the photos are enjoyable, not simply a necessary ordeal.I can take your wedding photos using either Digital cameras or Film cameras. I use top end professional equipment for either film or digital photography; either way you're guaranteed great quality! There are advantages to either format, so if you're uncertain what would be best for you please contact me and we can discuss your particular photography needs.Photojournalist John Freidah has documented people's lives for 15 years, taking award-winning photographs for newspapers throughout the country. His documentary work has been nominated three times for a Pulitzer Prize. The National Press Photographers Association awarded him the title of "Photographer of the Year" twice in New England and once in the Mid-West.
His assignments have taken him from Bangkok to Baghdad, where he was recently on assignment for the Providence Journal and is currently a staff photographer. John's work has appeared in such periodicals as National Geographic, Time Magazine, Newsweek and on ABC's Nightline with Ted Koppel. He has lectured throughout the United States and Europe on the art of story telling with the use of pictures.
When photographing your wedding, John will capture the moments as they unfold; candidly, unobtrusively and artistically. His impeccable attention to detail, combined with your prior input, will provide comprehensive coverage accompanied by peace of mind. He will bring his experience, passion and love of photography to document "your" wedding day story.Robert Winton is a professional journalistic Wedding Photographer in Pennsylvania, and started practicing photography over 30 years ago. "This photograph might be one of my first. My photography teacher challenged us to discover the passion of being a photographer - in our backyards! I developed this film using an enlarger in a darkroom sometime around 1973." "Later, in 1982, I started programming computers and moved into the 'digital' age. Little did I guess then that the computer would ultimately replace the darkroom!" Robert first assisted a professional wedding photographer sometime around 1980, and he soloed on his first 'friends and family' wedding sometime around 1985. His wedding photography continued developing to where he began receiving more frequent requests. By 2000, family, friends, and neighbors began urging Robert to make wedding photography a full-time career, which he finally did in the spring of 2005. Today Robert serves clients in Pennsylvania as a dedicated full-time wedding photographer. "As a wedding photographer, expression and composition still captivate me after 30 years of dedication to the art of photography."“Through Rocco’s images the essence of the wedding is warmly and sensitively conveyed. The human connection of emotion, love, intimacy and humor is captured and portrayed through the eyes of a master photographer.”.. (Peter Skinner, Rangefinder Magazine USA).Rocco’s distinctive style is classical and romantic, his imagery is exquisitely imbued with evocative lighting and composition similar to that found in numerous wonderfully-crafted movies from the 1940s and ’50s. It’s a look and feeling that Rocco strives for. Complementing this artistry is that special ability common to all great people photographers—being able to connect with the people so they interact comfortably with the photographer and feel at ease in front of the camera. Rocco sums up this aspect of his work: “For me a good photograph has to be full of emotion, mood and atmosphere. Taking great wedding photographs isn’t about me or winning awards, it is about the people I am photographing—my clients. I like people and am genuinely interested in finding out what makes them tick. When shooting at weddings, I look for moments that make me feel good inside and these are usually the same moments that make the bride and groom feel good. We’re all made up of life experiences and by being in tune with our own, we can then be in tune with theirs. Connecting with people is easy if they feel comfortable around you.”
Rocco Ancora’s consistent passion and excellence in his photography continues to be rewarded with many accolades appointed to his name. Being awarded a prestigious accolade such as the Australian Institute of Professional Photography’s Wedding Photographer of the year once in a career is meritorious, to have received the award for the Fourth time in 2010 in a six-year span is a testimony of the highest regard in which his peers hold Rocco’s craftsmanship.In 2010 Rocco was also awarded the Victorian Professional Photographer of the year as well as the Victorian Wedding Photographer of the Year.
In addition Capture Magazine honoured Rocco as Australia’s No.1 Wedding Photographer. Rocco continues to be featured prominently in the Wedding and Portrait Photographers International (WPPI) awards list and is celebrated both in Australia and Internationally as an educator presenting seminars at WPPI USA, UK and Europe. Rocco remains humbled and honoured by these awards and MOST of all privileged by the unique opportunity to memorialise peoples lives through artistic and timeless imagery.
In 2010 Rocco has taken on the role of Creative director with XSIGHT. With the global expansion of XSIGHT in the UK and soon in other parts of the world, the offer was too good to refuse and is “xsighted” to be part of a team of creative artists.My name's Tony Hart and I'm a wedding photojournalist based in Surrey. Unlike my namesake, I can't draw and I don't have any small plasticine friends named Morph. It'll have to be just photos then I'm afraid! I was brought up in Surrey and then spent a brilliant three years reading English at Exeter University. My intention had always been to enter the RAF and despite being selected for fast jet training my hopes in this area were dashed when I was found to have less than 20/20 vision during the obligatory medical. Setback but undefeated I turned my attention to photography - a career which is obviously entirely unrelated to eyesight...I started shooting weddings in 2008 after a few years working for IT firm Sun Microsystems and moonlighting as a band manager. I'd always been interested in photography and image-making and had been shooting more and more seriously as I covered at least ten roles, including photographer and graphic designer, for the unsigned band I worked with. Thanks to serendipity and chance I became acquainted with Reuters cameraman Kieran Doherty - I worked with his lovely sister. Famed for iconic press images, such as Jonny Wilkinson's rugby world cup winning drop goal and the first pictures from the Asian tsunami, his mentoring and guidance in the early days were invaluable. Kieran taught me a great deal about how to see a scene, what to focus on and what to ignore.
The real incentive to move whole-heartedly into wedding photojournalism came following a friend's wedding. I attended as a guest and although I didn't shoot a great many frames, a few weeks later the bride and groom called asking whether I'd consider giving them my photos of the day. The hired photographer hadn't done a bad job, but they prefered my images and were insistent upon paying for them. It was a real vote of confidence and convinced me that I had what it took to do weddings justice.
My job as a wedding photojournalist is to tell your story and to that end I'm a big believer in the idea that the photographer should scarcely be seen and rarely be heard. When you look back on your images in years to come you won't want to see outdated form or exaggerated style, you want to see your moments. Wedding photographs are the enduring memory of one of life's most significant moments - the ceremony itself may only lasts 30 minutes, the cake lasts a few hours at best but the images of the day simply last.Scan the pages of ads in any newspaper or magazine, and you will find a plethora of over-hyped and candy-coated slogans and catch phrases that are designed to lure you to a particular product, service or moneymaking opportunity. The strategies vary, but the motives are usually the same: gain more business by emotionally drawing in an audience.Many of these techniques have their place and value, but let’s face it: they’re a dime a dozen, and often not that credible.You certainly wouldn’t want your pitch for professional services to be associated with these kinds of cheesy come-ons. And with all the stress involved in preparing for a wedding, the last thing a couple needs to be questioning is the integrity or experience of a wedding photographer candidate.
You can leap this credibility chasm, exciting your potential clients rather than scaring them, by putting together a quality written presentation of your wedding photography career.
A superior biography will give your clientele a compelling perspective on what has defined and molded your career. It’s not only your chance to communicate your training, education, work history and major accomplishments, but also the unique skills, philosophy and approach that have made you the photographer you are. Solid facts laid out creatively and concisely will draw clients to your business with great effectiveness.For some folks, especially those who are relatively new to wedding photojournalism, putting together a quality biography may seem somewhat daunting. A lack of experience or absence of significant awards may discourage some from fully and effectively describing their history, thinking there is not enough impressive material to present. Others may see a biography as an overwhelming writing project that is just not their forte.

Senior Photographers
Senior Photographers
Senior Photographers
Senior Photographers
Senior Photographers
Senior Photographers
Senior Photographers
Senior Photographers
Senior Photographers
Senior Photographers
Senior Photographers

1 comment:

  1. Amazing, the entire first ~600 words were stolen right from my website at http://www.tomellisphoto.com/biograh.htm. What a sleaze this photographer must be, to blatantly steal from others rather that create his own work. I wonder how many of the photos he uses as samples were also stolen from other photographers?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...